Where a charity has gross income of over £25,000, but less than £1m, it is likely that it will need to have its accounts independently examined.
We carry out independent examinations for all types of charity, including unincorporated charitable trusts, companies limited by guarantee and charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs). Our charity clients are involved in a wide range of activities including:
- Community services charities operating in one or more local authority areas
- Small grant giving charities
- Charities linked to city livery companies
- Medical support charities
- Arts charities
- Educational charities
- Environmental charities
- Almshouse charities
We recognise that the trustees of many small charities require support in a number of areas in order to comply with their responsibilities under the Charities Act and, as charity specialists, we are able to offer a value-added service at a competitive fee. Key to the service we provide is the personal attention you receive from the assigned independent examiner, who will take the time to understand your charity and the key issues facing the trustees. As part of our role as independent examiners we frequently:
- Provide assistance with the preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Provide ad hoc advice to the trustees on compliance with aspects of charity law
- Monitor the charity’s activities to ensure that they remain compliant with VAT legislation, and that its activities are exempt from direct tax
- Review the internal control arrangements to ensure that they are sufficiently robust and appropriate for the size of the organisation
Please contact one of our team below to for more information.