As a manager in the firm, Andrew is responsible for the day-to-day management of engagements with clients, working with a mix of not for profit organisations, including charities and housing associations, as well as commercial clients, including owner managed businesses and groups.
Andrew combines his technical expertise with knowledge of clients’ businesses to provide a personalised service and advice tailored to the needs of client.
- Audit and other assurance services to commercial and not for profit entities
- Statutory financial statements compliance services
- Preparation of SORP-compliant financial statements for charitable and housing sector clients
- Advice on accounting systems and controls
- Prepared consolidated financial statements for a housing association group in compliance with the Housing SORP
- Identified an invoicing error in a refurbishment project being undertaken by a housing association, leading to over £13,000 due to back to the client
- Advised a client on the advantages and disadvantages of a proposed restructuring of their business enabling the board to make an informed decision
- Assisted a new membership organisation client in updating their financial statements to ensure compliance with FRS 102
- Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Currently studying towards Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification
Outside of work Andrew enjoys watching football as a supporter of Newcastle United and attempting to play minigolf. He also enjoys taking the dog out for long walks in the countryside.