We specialise in providing audit, assurance and accountancy services to housing associations and other providers of social housing. As such, we are one of the principal providers of audit services to BME Housing Associations in London. Our clients include both registered and unregistered providers, and they manage a wide range of accommodation, including general needs, supported and shared ownership. In addition, we provide audit and assurance services to a large number of almshouses and Abbeyfield Societies.
It is currently a very challenging environment for small housing associations. Development opportunities can be limited and often involve working in partnership with other associations or with private developers. The right level of loan funding can be difficult to negotiate, and financial viability and compliance with loan covenants needs to be constantly monitored. In addition to audit and assurance, we therefore provide a range of supplementary services for the sector. These include:
- Loan covenant reports confirming compliance with the financial covenants in the loan agreements
- Assistance with the preparation of long-term financial projections, including scenario analysis
- Advice on compliance with the regulatory standards issued by the Regulator of Social Housing
- VAT advice
- The setting up of subsidiary companies for commercial development
- Development grant audits
- Internal audit and systems reviews
- Trustee Training
We offer a personal and expert service, and provide guidance on the complex financial and regulatory issues which housing associations face. To find out how we can help, please contact one our team below.