Kevin is a not for profit specialist with extensive experience of the legal, accounting and tax issues which affect the sector. He is the external auditor of a number of national charities and he provides assurance and advisory services to a range of not for profit clients, including charities, housing associations, students’ unions and higher education bodies. He also currently acts as special advisor to a major international charity.
- Financial Reporting under the Companies Act and the Charities Act
- External Audit and Independent Examinations of not-for-profit organisations
- Internal Audit and system reviews
- VAT and direct tax as they affect the not-for-profit sector
- Charity governance and compliance with charity law
- Charity reorganisations and legal structures
- Provided a fully outsourced internal audit service to a University of London College
- Acted as technical advisor in the development of financial and accounting standards for an international charity operating in over 125 countries
- Assisted a growing housing association to develop its long-term financial forecasting
- Assisted a charity to revise its partial exemption methodology to maximise VAT recovery
- Provided technical support during the merger of three charities
- Chartered Accountant (FCA)
Diploma in Charity Accounting (DChA)
Kevin enjoys music and sport, and is a life-long supporter of Tottenham Hotspur. He also has a keen interest in history and has recently completed a master’s degree in social history at the Open University.
"Knox Cropper has provided EJF with specialist audit, taxation, finance and payroll advice and services for several years. Their team is consistently approachable, reliable and professional. As a charity, our needs can be quite varied and the bespoke advice that we have been provided with - one that reflects our particular needs and circumstances - has been invaluable to us."
Director and Founder
Environmental Justice Foundation
1st December 2019
An update to the Companies Act has introduced additional reporting requirements for large companies in both the Directors Report and Strategic Report.
27th March 2020
The government has issued further information on the Job Retention scheme and furloughed employees. We answer your questions about the scheme.