Setting up your own business is a major decision – one of the most important of your life. People will tell you it’s one thing to have a great idea, but it’s another to turn a great idea into a sustainable and profitable business. To make sure you get off to the best possible start, it’s important to plan carefully and take sound advice. At Knox Cropper, we believe that having the support and expertise of professional accountants is crucial, right from the start. We have vast experience of helping people set up in business, so we understand the challenges you face and the opportunities that lie ahead.
One of the first things to consider is whether to operate as a sole trader or a limited company. Both options have advantages and disadvantages. Deciding which is best for you will depend on your circumstances and your plans. At Knox Cropper, one of our specialist start-ups team will guide you through this and the myriad other decisions you’ll need to consider.
We work for clients in a wide variety of sectors, from professional firms such as solicitors and estate agents, to builders, surveyors, engineers, hairdressers and consultants. Our clients may include large corporates and some of the biggest charities in the UK, but we also know all about business start-ups. As the saying goes, great oaks from little acorns grow.
Here are just some of the ways in which we can help:
- Advice and assistance on the best legal structure for your business
- Preparation and submission of personal and corporation tax returns
- Preparation of annual accounts
- Internal and external audit
- Assistance with registration and completion of VAT returns in accordance with Making Tax Digital guidelines
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts to Companies House
- Bookkeeping and preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of payroll and CIS along with associated RTI and workplace pension obligations
- IR35 status checks
- Strategic planning advice and assistance
- Tax planning advice
- Assistance with the preparation of budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Advice and assistance on the implementation of computerised accountancy systems
- Maintenance of company statutory records and filing of annual returns with Companies House
We tailor our services to your specific requirements, leaving you the time to focus on growing your business.
Setting up in business is always challenging, but it is not as difficult as you might think when you have the help of a good accountant, so please contact one of our team below and let us help you get your business started.