Originally from Madrid, Mercedes has lived in Surrey for over 35 years, where she worked in commerce before moving into practice and becoming a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Mercedes has experience working with SMEs, owner managed business entities, sole traders and not-for-profit organisations. She is highly organised, with good communication skills, and has an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of accounting softwares.
- Advising and helping clients implement computerised accountancy systems
- Preparation of statutory and management accounts
- Independent Examinations of Charity Accounts
- Payroll advice and compliance
- VAT and Making Tax Digital
- Personal and Corporate taxation
- Migrated clients’ financial data to a Cloud software and customised this to meet clients’ and industry demands. Trained and assisted the business owners and their finance staff
- Worked with the trustees of a Charity in their initial years to comply with Charity Commission reporting requirements and trustees’ responsibilities
- Managed Automatic Enrolment when it was first implemented, and liaised with the Pensions Regulator for a number of workplace pensions schemes. Provided training to clients on their responsibilities and created written procedures, trained staff and ensured compliance
- Created and implemented financial procedures for an independent school
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
Mercedes is a very proud mum of two girls and enjoys cooking with the family and spending quality time over a good meal, as well as walking with her unruly border terrier. Mercedes loves the outdoors: She was Captain of the under 25s Surrey County Women outdoor bowls team in 1992, played for Surrey in 1997 & 1998 and ran the London Marathon in 2012.