As a partner of the firm, James works with a wide variety of clients, from UK subsidiaries, professional partnerships and family businesses, through to medium sized companies and not for profit organisations. Specialist areas include the property and construction sector, as well as being responsible for many of Knox Cropper’s housing association clients.
James provides a range of audit, accountancy and business advisory services to assist clients in achieving their objectives, often via ad-hoc advice alongside more traditional compliance work. This includes the provision of outsourcing services, such as company secretarial, payroll and management accounting. By offering flexible solutions to clients’ requirements, James gains an insight into the real issues facing organisations, helping them manage any challenges that arise.
- Statutory financial statements and corporation tax compliance and advisory services
- Outsourced support services, including payroll , CIS returns, VAT returns, company secretarial services, and FCA compliance services
- Advice on systems and internal controls
- Assurance and compliance services to housing associations, including Almshouses and Abbeyfield Societies
- Accountant’s Reporting for regulated entities and professional partnerships
- Construction industry reporting and compliance.
- Facilitated the outsourcing of the management reporting for a Financial Services regulated client to assist with Making Tax Digital for VAT compliance and Gabriel reporting for the FCA.
- Reviewed and amended the accounts and corporation tax return for a new family owned business client, leading to a corporation tax refund in excess of £10,000.
- Performed an internal controls review for a national charity to assist in the overhaul of the finance department.
- Restated the accounts of a new housing association client for compliance with the Housing SORP and Accounting Direction.
- Financial due diligence for a large corporate entity seeking equity investment.
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA)
- ICAEW Business and Finance Professional (BFP)
- ICAEW Audit & Assurance Faculty member
- Consultant Panel member of The Almshouse Association
Outside of work James’ great passion is cycling, and as a former elite British and World Masters champion, he often spends his free time enjoying the Surrey countryside by bike. James remains involved in competitive cycling by motor pacing at the velodrome and supporting his three sons in races. When time allows, any other down time is best spent relaxing with his family.
"Knox Cropper has proved to be very diligent, thorough and professional in all aspects of the work that they carry out for our Company. They are also very approachable in themselves and always available for any queries we may have. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone wanting an accountancy firm."
Richardsons (Nyewood) Limited
4th March 2019
Amendments and clarifications to FRS 102 have prompted changes to the reporting requirements of Registered Providers. We highlight the key issues to keep you up to date.
15th June 2020
The domestic reverse VAT charge for construction services has been delayed until 1st March 2021. We summarise the main considerations for the construction industry.