Emma is a VAT specialist with particular expertise in VAT issues affecting the not for profit sector. She has carried out a range of special exercises, ensuring that our clients are fully compliant with VAT legislation and are maximising VAT recovery. She has also been involved in advising on the VAT position of international services. As a chartered accountant and experienced auditor, Emma has extensive finance and business knowledge which ensures that she is able to offer practical solutions to complex VAT issues.
- VAT in the not-for-profit sector
- VAT on property transactions
- VAT on international services
- Financial Reporting and auditing under the Companies Act and Charities Act
- System reviews
- Assisted a range of clients to comply with Making Tax Digital
- Advised on the potential impact of recent Tribunal Decisions
- Advised on the formation of a cost sharing group for a number of higher education bodies in order to mitigate irrecoverable VAT
- Provided guidance for a number of our charity clients on the complex process for classifying funding between grants and contracts
- Assisted a number of our charity clients to maximise their VAT recovery through reviewing partial exemption methodologies
- Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
Emma has two young children which take up most of her time but, when she can, she enjoys reading and music.
29th March 2021
The Making Tax Digital soft landing period for digital links has now ended meaning that VAT returns for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2021 must be submitted, to HMRC, with digital links in place. We look at the steps you need to take for MTD compliance.