Richard is a Partner at Knox Cropper LLP based in our London office. He specialises in the not for profit sector, primarily in audit and assurance. His portfolio includes a range of charities, including a number of national charities, pension schemes, housing associations and educational establishments. He is also responsible for the majority of the firm’s grant assurance exercises and a small number of commercial client audits.
Richard encourages his clients to maintain contact throughout the year. He is happy to respond to ad hoc queries as and when they arise and adopts a hands-on approach to assignments when necessary. Recognising the diversity of the not for profit sector, he understands the different levels of support required by clients.
- Statutory Financial Reporting for charities, pension schemes, housing associations and companies
- External Audit and Independent Examinations of not-for-profit organisations
- Grant assurance exercises
- Advice on systems and internal controls
- Provided advice and assistance on COVID-19 funding available to charities
- Advised on the set up of a new chart of accounts for a charity moving to a new accounting package to correctly account for general, designated and restricted funds
- Formatted the financial statements for a recently set up defined contribution pension scheme of a large national charity
- Advised on the reporting requirements and supporting evidence necessary for a higher education establishment funded through the European Union H2020 programme
- Chartered Accountant (FCA)
Richard enjoys reading and family life. He is a DIY enthusiast and likes to unwind by taking his two dogs for regular long walks.