Greg has worked with a wide variety of clients throughout his career at Knox Cropper, establishing a reputation for developing valuable working relationships and providing client support. His specialist areas include trusts, charities, trade unions and educational institutions.
As a partner for almost 20 years, Greg provides a wide range of services to meet his clients’ needs. This includes audits, independent examinations, and trust administration. He is available throughout the year to provide ongoing advice, combining excellent client relationships with his knowledge of the sectors he serves.
- Production of statutory financial statements, following legal requirements and best practice
- Providing audit and independent examination services
- Undertaking trust administration services and advice for charitable and family trusts
- Providing trust taxation services to family trusts
- Practice Administration
- Providing support to clients, suffering from going concern issues from historical and more recent Covid 19 issues
- Setting up a new trading subsidiary for an existing charitable client
- Advising family trusts as to the most tax efficient way to make distributions
- Attending Trustee meetings to support the client staff and present financial statements
- Assisting clients to transfer their payroll services to Knox Cropper to provide a more refined service
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (FCA)
- ICAEW Business and Financial Professionals
- ICAEW Audit & Assurance Faculty Member
- ICAEW Charity Financial Professional
Greg has considerable interests outside of work. He is chair of the Finance Committee and Governor of an Independent Preparatory School and an Academy Grammar School. He enjoys walking in the Buckinghamshire countryside with his wife and three cocker spaniels. He also thoroughly enjoys gardening, watching rugby, genealogy and visiting France. He has a small property in the Charente Maritime, where he is known to relax and have a glass of wine.
"The team at Knox Cropper have always provided a personal service and have been a great support." "I would recommend Knox Cropper based on their specialist knowledge, professional approach and responsiveness." "They are supportive and understand the challenges that exist, and I would be happy to recommend them to any Livery Company or Charity."
Commodore Angus Menzies
Clerk of the Company
The Honourable Company of Master Mariners
"I am treasurer of a number of charities involved both in education and in helping libraries and county record offices to acquire rare books, manuscripts and archives. Over the years I have found Knox Cropper always efficient, effective, pragmatic, helpful and friendly. The audits are both pleasant and constructive."
Friends of the National Libraries
"I am hugely grateful for all the help and support that you have given me over the years. In my early days you were encouraging, realistic, and always ready to answer my questions promptly, patiently and helpfully. I shall never forget the help and support that you gave me in difficult times."
Dr Colin Podmore
Forward in Faith