VAT is a complex tax and the risks of non-compliance are high. Since it is a transactional tax, any change in the scope or level of activities can give rise to a changed VAT position.
Penalties can be severe for organisations that do not keep their VAT status under constant review. This is particularly the case for organisations such as charities, which are not able to fully recover all input VAT. It also affects organisations involved in complex transactions such as property development or international services.
Our VAT team is able to provide directors, trustees and business owners with the peace of mind that their VAT affairs are in order. What’s more, we take pride in our ability to explain complex issues in clear and straightforward language.
We carry out all types of VAT compliance work for a wide range of clients, including the following:
- VAT Health Checks. Our VAT health checks review all sources of income and categories of expenditure to ensure that VAT is being correctly accounted for on the various income streams, and appropriately recovered depending on the nature of the expenditure.
- VAT registration. We assist our clients with the requirement to register and the registration process.
- HMRC enquiries. We assist our clients in dealing with HMRC questions, ensuring that they are dealt with accurately and promptly with minimum disruption to your business.
- VAT Accounting. We advise on the appropriate VAT treatment of transactions and the process for making quarterly returns in accordance with Making Tax Digital requirements.
- Outsourced Service. We act as agent for many of our smaller clients, submitting returns on their behalf, leaving them free to focus on their business.
Please contact one of our team below, to find out how we can help you.